This document was last updated on October 27, 2016
Facts: What does Align do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- social security number and income
- account balances and payment history
- transaction or loss history and employment information
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Align chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information:
|Does Align share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes, such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes, to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your transactions and experiences||No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness||No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
Who we are
Who is providing this notice? Align Income Share Funding.
What we do
How does Align protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Align collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- open an account and send or receive money
- pay your bills and give us your income information
- provide account information and give us your contact information
- pay us by check and give us your wage statements
We also collect your personal information from other companies, credit bureaus or affiliates.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes -- information about yourcreditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffliates to market to you
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Align has no affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Align does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Align doesn’t jointly market.
Align uses specific tools from Google AdWords to help market ourselves. This includes the following information:
- Google AdWords features are based on Remarketing with Google Analytics and is used to advertise Align online. This is done by remarketing our company to reach people who previously visited our website, and match these people with the correct message from our company.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- Align and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to your website.
Financial Institution Verification